Ah. Palm Springs. One of my absolute personal favorites. If you have not yet been here, then it should definitely be on the top of your list. There are so many interesting things to do at the destination. And despite its location in southern California, the climate is actually not as dry as you might imagine. While it does get somewhat humid during the summer, that is no reason to miss out on this beautiful city.
The restaurants, hotels, spas, nightclubs, and pools at Palm Spring attract plenty of attention from travelers all over the world. The Coachella valley is close to the destination and has many interesting things for visitors to see and do. Palm Springs is a great vacation spot for travelers of all kinds, and you won’t regret visiting the California city.
The Best Hotels in Palm Springs
There are so many attractive hotels in Palm Springs with modern facilities and a beautiful environment. The city certainly has accomodations that will fit every sort of budget. Here’s a list of some of the best hotels that Palm Springs has to offer:
- La Quinta Resort and Club: This four-star hotel is situated close to the Santa Rosa Mountain. There are soothing rooms that boast a southwestern decor flair as each room is set up with leather furniture and fireplaces. The rooms overlook luscious mountain views of the Palm Springs scenic skyline. La Quinta has modern facilities that include in-house restaurants and pools. With rooms starting around $204 per night. This is a great choice for moderate-budget travelers who look to enjoy peace and tranquitly.
- Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs: Now I really enjoy this hotel. It has a great boutique feel and exudes comfort. The Kimpton Hotel brand is known for many things, and surely for its attention to detail. It is a must see for those who truly appreciate comfort and gorgeous aesthetics. The Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs Hotel offers great services and facilities including pools, bars, and restaurants. The hotel is located at the center of Palm Springs, near the Palm Springs Art Museum. You will be very close to everything, and have wonderful accomodations to come back to once you are done with your day of sightseeing and adventure!
- The Ritz-Carlton Luxury Hotel and Gardens: If you’re looking to splurge on luxury, then this hotel is for you. This five-star hotel is located on the southeast side of Palm Springs. The rooms at the luxurious hotel have features such as 400-thread-count linens, soaking tubs, spa, pools, and tasty casual cuisine.
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa: This Indian Wells hotel is comfortable for all guests. The amenities include a pool, tennis court, marble bathrooms, beautiful balconies, a spa, café, and fast internet.
- ARRIVE Palm Springs: This moderate-budget hotel offers comfortable boutique style accomodations, and close proximity to the heart of Palm Springs. It boasts of high-speed internet access, stylishly designed rooms with modern gadgets, a restaurant, and a bar.
Things to Do in Palm Springs
There’s more to do in Palm Springs than just getting a spa treatment and sunbathing (although, why would deny yourself?). Here are some fun things to checkout while on your vacation:
The Living Desert Zoo and Garden is a combination of a botanical garden and a zoo. The zoo showcases many animals such as giraffes, bighorn sheep, and mountain lions. The garden has different species of attractive plants which include agave, prickly pear, and cacti.
The experience at the mountaintop of the Aerial Tramway is incredible. You’ll get to see the beauty of the snow-topped peaks of San Jacinto Mountains. The mountain range is the second-highest in Southern California.
The Palm Springs Air Museum has a great collection of amazing aircraft used during the second world war. This is one of the best places you can visit in Palm Springs. The aircraft at the museum include the Lockheed T-33 Shooting Star, Grumman F7F Tigercat, and the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress. This is also a great place to take your children or younger family members along for a day of learning and fun.
Palm Springs is actually quite the haven for art connsoisseur. And this museums tops the list. Due to open back up this fall, The Palm Springs Art collection is surely one to behold. It has a collection of artworks done by popular artists like Andy Warhol. The museum is also currently hosting quite a few online exhibitions. which includes the Faye Sarkwosky Sculpture Garden, and several others. There are frequently many wonderful exhibits on display at the museum. And this is definitely a place that you will want to put on the top of your list.
If you are traveling to Palm Springs by car, you can connect with US Interstate 10 to get to the destination. You can easily navigate your way to Palm Springs through the big metropolitan parts in the Southwest. If you plan to travel by air, there are many airlines servicing Palm Springs International Airport. There are twenty-three destinations that fly travelers directly to Palm Springs and more than five hundred connecting metropolises globally. No matter how you plan on getting there. Palm Springs is a top destination for anyone who wants to enjoy the beauty and peace of southern California.